Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nordmeyer Cousins

I will catch you up with the story of my Nordmeyer side of my family. My dad had one brother named Don. He passed away in April of 91. He was 11 years older than my dad and had always lived in the southeast (Tenn, West Virginia, Virginia, Arkansas-being the last place) He was married to my Aunt Carol (who is from Tennesee) and they had 4 kids; Penny, Patrick, Pamela and Paul. The last time I saw my cousins, the younger 2 (Pam and Paul) I was probably ~10 yrs old. Paul and I are the same age, he's ~4 months older. Pam is 3 yrs older then Jason. I met my 2 older cousins (Penny and Pat) but I was maybe a year old, so I don't remember them. I only remember them through pictures and stories. They are all that we have left of my dad's immediate family. My Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Don all passed away in a 4 year time span. Man that was damn hard. So you can only imagine the overwhelming excitment,happiness, sadness,anxiety that we were all feeling about this much needed trip to see them after all these years.
It wasn't but maybe 3 years ago that my dad got a christmas card from my cousin Penny. She is one tough Mama, taking names and kicking ass....LOVE IT!! She looks and reminds me of my Grandma, so does Pam. They are both so beautiful. Anywho, her card really woke us up to the fact that it had been way too damn long and there was no more excuses not to get together. So there began the planning for our Arkansas trip. It was way too short (as all trips are), but we loved every minute of the time we had together. It was the hardest thing to leave that house and wave goodbye, I already miss them so much. I wanted to spend more time, but we'll have to see about a Minnesota trip for them, maybe next year!! Here's hoping!! Enjoy some pictures.


My cousin Penny and her two kids, Timothy and Tabitha.


My cousin Pat and his wife Kim. They have Briana (with boyfriend Wes) and Jenny (with her boyfriend/fiance Dale and their little girl, Aliya)

My cousin Pam and her son Devin. He is such a little gentleman, he's quite the sports fan.

And here's Paul with his little son, Michael. He is a spitting image of his daddy.

Here are the 6 cousins; Jason, Aimee, Pat, Paul, Pam and Penny. So good lookin'!!

Here is my Aunt Carol with the kids.


This is Carol's sister Anna, her husband, David and their little grandson, Ryan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home