Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Banning State Park

Yeah for State Parks!

We went to a really nice one this past weekend, Banning State Park.

It is located just 15 miles north of Hinckley on the beautiful Kettle River.
We were pleasantly surprised with the campground, shower/restrooms, hiking trails and our campsite.

We were in lucky #7. A short distance from the showers/toliets and trail heads.
We even scoped out the other tent sites and found a few that we liked if we ever come back, which I'm sure we will.

We did a few days of hiking and had a good time. Not alot of bugs, thanks to Mosquito Patrol!!

This is Wolf Creek Falls.
We also went on the self-guided Quarry tour.

The dog enjoyed herself. She's quite the outdoorsman-dog!

Daddy and Zoey in a "kettle or pothole" in the rock.


Looking out over the part in river called Dragon's Tooth. " Ah hoy!"

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

I love the 'senior picture' pose on the rock. Hahahaha.

I also see you have red shoes. Keens? LOVE THEM!

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Aimee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Aimee said...

so yeah...I returned the uncomfy blue ones (diff style), only to convince myself I needed a pair of Keens no matter what!!
I love them too for my wide feet! I walked around alot before deciding that I had to have them. They are called berry or wine? (threw the box, not sure) Thet're in the red family, but not as red, red as yours.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home